I am moving next month. My fiance and I are finally ready to move out on our own away from our parents.
We chose a tiny 415 sq. ft. apartment. I am so excited because it had given me the incentive to get rid of more stuff. (tweet this) Since my last few posts, I have gotten rid of 80% of my paper clutter and files (this included every single worksheet and note I ever took throughout my school career), more clothes, some artwork from college and middle school, my Smallville DVDs (it pained me, but I want to get the whole collection in one box and my sisters are making great use of them; Smallville is constantly being watched now 🙂 ), and a few purses.
I can’t wait to get rid of more!
My goals before the move:
- Limit paper clutter down to three file folders.
- Only bring clothes that are on my clothes list. Maybe even less.
- Leave my desk and bulky dresser behind and see if we can live without them.
- Only have a maximum of 10 boxes per person.
- Keep a maximum of 10 books. This includes my coding textbooks, my business textbooks and my reading pleasures.
- Give my mini fridge to my friend and return our fan to my mom.
- Go through my “skinny clothes” chest and get rid of half the clothes.
The only thing that worries me is my large box and large bin full of pictures. Also, I just bought a new bike. Where am I going to put two bikes!?
Have you ever reduced your stuff before moving?